The calendar lists events of interest to our group of vegetable gardeners. Anyone can add new events. Here are the basics of how to use it:
From the main menu bar at the top of the page in the forum, click on ‘calendar’.
- Buttons and controls at the lower edge of the screen to change the month and year.
- Click on any of the events in the calender to jump to the thread on the forum to discuss the event.
When viewing the main screen on the forum, notice that information from the calender shows up in the ‘info’ section. This gives a quick overview of what the upcoming events are.
Adding events to the calender is simple.
Press the ‘post event’ button. (you must be logged in as a valid user, and have a post count of at least 2 — read more here)
- Be sure to fill in the correct date and duration.
- ‘Event Title’ is what will show up on the calendar. Make it as short as possible.
- ‘Subject’ will be the heading text for the thread started related to the event. Use the following format for consistency:
- Date – Event Title – Location (ex April 25, 2011 – Square Foot Gardening Class – Euless)
- Provide a link and as much information as possible in the body of the message.
- View the ‘when’ board to see examples of previous events
- Post events that are relevant/beneficial to the group
That’s about all there is to it. Here are some ideas of things that could be added to the calender:
- freeze/frost dates
- when to plant a specific crop
- classes, workshops, plant sales, etc