Author Topic: I didn't grow it but I canned it.  (Read 11249 times)

Offline Daniel Wood

• Transplant
I didn't grow it but I canned it.
« on: May 05, 2013, 11:43:03 PM »
Caning seemed like a huge en-devour when I started but all in all is not so bad.  Did some reading and research found a caner and got some books with recipes.  I have been canning for about a year now and seems to bet easier the more you do it.  If you are looking at caners I have had a few different ones and I started off with the cheaper ones, but now I only use my All-American 921 best quality caner I have ever owned.  It is American made cast aluminum built like a tank and there are no seals to ever replace, and your kids kids will be using it long after you are done using it. 

This batch is Navy, Black, Kidney, and Lima beans.  No preservatives, chemicals, BPA lining, its Organic, and I know exactly what I am feeding my family.

Offline Brian Gallimore

• CitizenGardenerTeam
  • Food Producer
  • Brian G
    • Brian's personal website
Re: I didn't grow it but I canned it.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 12:22:36 PM »
looks great, and I second your endorsement of the All-American!
briangallimore.com  -Permaculture Nut-  -Master Gardener-  -Master Naturalist-  Princeton Texas

Offline Daniel Wood

• Transplant
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »
and if you are wondering the ones with white lids are Tattler caning lids they are reusable and this will be round 2 of using them so far I am impressed with them and going to order a second batch.

Offline Brian Gallimore

• CitizenGardenerTeam
  • Food Producer
  • Brian G
    • Brian's personal website
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 12:49:27 PM »
The harvest eating podcast guy advertises those.  Good to hear a positive review on them.
briangallimore.com  -Permaculture Nut-  -Master Gardener-  -Master Naturalist-  Princeton Texas